The smart home is about to get a lot smarter, thanks to a brand new, cutting-edge solution that can actually tell you if someone’s home.
We’re excited to announce that simplicam powered® by Closeli®, the first and only home monitoring Wi-Fi video solution with state-of-the-art Face Detection technology, is officially available for purchase. Now, users can receive notifications when someone is actually in their home – rather than getting motion and sound alerts every time the dog barks at the UPS man, or a tree branch moves near the window.
Let’s celebrate with a 10 second victory dance captured by Closeli:
Whether you’re a parent with a busy toddler, an animal lover with five adopted cats, a caretaker for your parents, a brand new homeowner or someone who likes to capture impulsive solo dance performances on tape, simplicam powered by Closeli lets you keep an eye on who and what matters most. Users can get peace of mind, anytime with easy access to live or recorded video directly on their smartphones, tablets or computers.
Winner: “Macworld Best of Show 2014”
“simplicam powered by Closeli builds on ArcSoft’s 20 years of imaging experience by introducing Face Detection technology to the connected home,” said Senior Marketing Director Caroline Tien-Spalding for ArcSoft. “Detecting faces in real time within a video stream, combined with varying light, size and positioning, has been a huge barrier for the connected home, which we’re excited to crush today. Putting this unique technology in the hands of consumers signifies a major leap forward and opens up a whole new era in the future of home monitoring.”
Watch our nifty overview to see how simplicam powered by Closeli can give you peace of mind, anytime.
What makes Face Detection so awesome?
Face Detection is on the cutting edge in home video monitoring. If you have pets, or if a tree branch or car moves within the camera’s frame, motion and sound notifications can go off all day long. But with Face Detection, you can choose to turn off your motion and sound notifications, and only be notified when someone’s home.
Convenient, right? We think so, too.
With simplicam powered by Closeli, you’ll enjoy the following features:
- No-brainer setup: Get it done on your smartphone in less than three minutes. Seriously. It’s that simple.
- On-the-go viewing: See the action in live HD on your mobile device. Go ahead – take back date night!
- Notifications: You’ll know exactly when a noise or motion occurs.
- Two-way talk: Welcome loved ones home. Tell the dog to stop eating your new shoes. Let an intruder know they’re on camera.
- Night vision: See who stole the cookie from the cookie jar, even at 4 a.m.
With simplicam powered by Closeli + Closeli Recording Services, you get all of the above, plus…
- Face Detection: Always know when someone’s home. Never get ambushed by a surprise birthday party ever again!
- Peace of mind: Review video recordings from your mobile device or computer.
- Scheduled recordings: Turn the recording function on and off remotely, or schedule recordings around your personal routine.
- Video saving: Keep your favorite clips and watch your favorites at work for a mid-day pick me up!
- Security: Your video streams are encrypted, so what’s yours, stays yours.
- Easy sharing: Edit and send clips on your smartphone (because there is no such thing as too many hilarious cat videos).
Or, pick a Closeli Recording Services plan that fits your lifestyle:
- 1 Day recording: $49.99/year or $4.99/month. Record and review the last 24 hours of footage and save up to one hour of clips. Perfect for long work days.
- 11 Day recording: $139.99/year or $13.99/month. Record and review the past 11 days of footage and store up to three hours of clips. Great for vacations.
- 21 Day recording: $229.99/year or $22.99/month. Record and review the past 21 days of footage and save up to five hours of clips. Ideal for the long haul.
Availability and pricing
simplicam powered by Closeli is available for $149.99 on Amazon.com or simplicam.com. Users can purchase the camera with a 1 Day recording plan for one year for $199.99, or upgrade anytime to a new Closeli Recording Services plan (as shown above).
Got more questions? Want to connect with us?
- Visit our FAQ
- Visit our website
- Lets be buddies on Facebook and Twitter
- Are you a journalist or blogger? Right this way. Visit our press page!
Like us? Please vote for us in the CTIA “Hot for the Holidays” Awards!
Click HERE to vote now! (When you get to the page, scroll down towards the bottom).
The Hot for the Holidays awards identify and celebrate the hottest mobile consumer electronics products and applications for the holiday season. Winners are celebrated as the “must-buy gifts” for people of all ages during the 2014 holiday season. Deadline to vote is 5 p.m. PT Monday, Sept. 8, 2014.
simplicam powered by Closeli is brought to you by ArcSoft, the global leader in imaging intelligence technology.