Smile, you’re on simplicam!
ArcSoft’s simplicam™ powered by Closeli™ – the first and only home monitoring solution that can actually tell you if someone’s home – made a splash at the 2014 MacWorld/iWorld by garnering thousands of visitors to its booth and wrapping up the week with a “Best of Show” award.
Touted as the world’s premier event focused solely on the Apple products platform, Macworld/iWorld took place March 27-29 2014 in San Francisco’s Moscone Center.
simplicam powered by Closeli was one of 11 entries to nab a “Best of Show” award, which is hosted by Macworld Magazine and honors new products that have pushed the boundaries of innovation, quality and overall creativity. Macworld’s editors surveyed a list of products submitted ahead of time by vendors for consideration, but most of the vetting process “involved scouring the show floor to find worthy candidates,” explained Macworld staff in an article detailing the winners and how they were selected.
Throughout the event’s three days, ArcSoft’s simplicam powered by Closeli booth was buzzing as it caught the eye of parents, pet owners and thousands of other visitors who liked what they saw and had fun envisioning (or scheming) how they could put simplicam to use in their own home. Some even added simplicam powered by Closeli to their shopping lists for upcoming birthdays and holidays.
Couldn’t make the show? No worries. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a handy list of some of the most frequently asked questions we encountered at Macworld/iWorld. Enjoy!
What is simplicam powered by Closeli, and what makes it different?
simplicam powered by Closeli is a home monitoring video Wi-Fi camera. What makes it so unique? It’s powered by ArcSoft’s intelligent Closeli software, making it the first and only home monitoring solution that uses facial detection to tell you if someone’s home. This smart and secure solution features automatic on/off options and intelligent alerts, so you can be notified if someone’s in your house – but don’t have to be disturbed when a branch, pet or car moves within simplicam’s frame. Using simplicam is easy, too. Access your account anytime via the Closeli mobile app on your smartphone or on the web via your Mac or PC at closeli.com.
Why does it matter if my camera has face detection?
Most solutions boast that they have motion detection. The problem with that, however, is if you have cats or dogs at home, or if your camera is facing a window and a branch moves, you’ll get motion detection alerts all day long. With face detection, you get alerted only if a human face is detected. That’s what makes face detection more relevant than motion detection. If someone’s home at 2 p.m. and shouldn’t be, you’ll most likely want to check it out. It’s also great for checking in on your loved ones when they come home!
How is face detection different from face recognition?
Closeli does NOT store information on the face detected or its unique attributes, and therefore isn’t recognizing who that face is. Rather, Closeli lets you know that it’s “someone” (opposed to a branch, car, dog or other movement).
What does it cost?
Simplicam powered by Closeli costs $149.99. Here’s what you get:
• Streaming 720p HD-quality video on your iPhone, Android, tablet, laptop or desktop. Check out what’s going on at home via the Closeli mobile app or by logging into your account via your Mac or PC at closeli.com
• Night vision that lets you see every detail in the dark
• A broad view through simplicam’s 107-degree wide angle lens
• Adjustable motion and sound alerts that let you know when something happens at home
• Two-way talk through simplicam’s powerful built-in microphone and speaker
Our optional Closeli Recording Services provide unique facial detection technology and several recording options. With Closeli Recording Services, you’ll enjoy…
• Face Detection, so you get intelligent alerts whenever someone’s home.
• Several flexible and user-friendly recording options that let you save, edit, share and watch your favorite video clips in the cloud.
• The ability to turn the recording function on and off remotely, or schedule recordings around your personal routine.
What do Closeli Recording Services cost?
- One day: $5/month or $49.99/year - Record and review the last 24 hours of footage and save up to one hour of clips. Perfect if you tend to get stuck in long meetings or just want to check up things during your lunch break.
- 11 days: $14/month or $139.99/year - Record and review the past 11 days of footage and store up to three hours of clips. Great for when you take that long-awaited, two-week dream vacation to New Zealand.
- 21 days: $23/month or $229.99/year - Record and review the past 21 days of footage and save up to five hours of clips. Ideal for the long haul.
Where can I buy simplicam powered by Closeli?
simplicam can be pre-ordered now at www.simplicam.com. It will be available for purchase by June at www.simplicam.com or on Amazon.
Where can I get more information?